"things to make"
2. something out of nothing. like sculptures from scraps and things found. like dinner from an empty pantry. like a life from what remains after diving into the wreck.
3. an effort.
4. another pot of coffee.
5. a plan. and it doesn't matter, if it ends nothing like you thought it would. the plan is not an outline of how it happened. it is just the starting place. and sometimes, we all need a starting place.
6. make things beautiful. and make beautiful things.
8. your own meaning.
9. a decision. yes. no. stop. go. you are not confused. so choose. just decide.
10. make do.
11. make out.
12. make up. and move on. and be happy.
13. wishes. on stars.
15. a big deal. forgetting looking cool and reserved and above it all. and letting enthusiasm and love and excitement be the center. sometimes "over the top" is just the thing.
16. make it known. how you really feel. and this way, you won't have to ever sit there alone, wondering, if they knew, for sure knew, that you so completely loved them.
17. conversation, with the other people in the hospital waiting room. because sometimes that kind of human connection is the thing that saves you.
18. make it work. make things happen.
19. make pie. make good stories and good jokes, and tell them aloud. make time appear, by doing things slowly.
20. art. music. movies. books.
21. mistakes, willing to fail or be wrong or not get it all the way right. making mistakes helps with fear of failure. not because the failure is fun. but because it's also not really the end of the world. and then every so often, mistakes are made, and failure happens, and it turns out to be the turning point or the insight gained, and you can't predict that but it's wild and wonderful when it happens.
22. a life. the one you always wanted.
23. space for things you don't know. the cracks. changing your own mind. what comes next.